There's a lot of credibility given to solid editorial content than to brief
advertisements. Anyone can make a succinct claim that their product is the best.
Well-written advertorials not only provide details as to why your product is the
best, but they suggest that someone else is endorsing your product or service.
Advertorials are simply advertisements disguised to look like news or a feature
story. Many magazines sell advertorials, filling pages with what appears to be
an article but is really an ad. Publications such as magazines like advertorials
because they increase the content of a magazine but, more importantly, they
increase revenue. Advertisers tend to prefer advertorials when possible because
they aren't blatant ads. Even though they are not, advertorials come across as
almost an endorsement by the publisher. When writing an advertorial, you not
only have to produce quality writing, you have to please the target audience.
The easier way to define an advertorial is to provide an analogy. These are to
print what Infomercials are to television – they basically work the same.
| Submit Request -
Today, more than ever, time is money. Most businesses are not properly equipped
with experienced staff to write a dynamic advertorial. Aankara Writing Services
has years of successful advertorial writing to catapult your product or
service above the rest.
Tips for Writing Your Own Advertorial:
- Have a great headline, preferably something newsworthy, that grabs the reader’s
attention. It must fit in with the publication’s look in order to maximize the
- Have a strong opening paragraph. Make that first paragraph strong enough to keep
- Provide valuable content – not fluff. The majority of the copy should be
educational in nature, describing a problem and offering a solution.
- Write compelling copy. Although educational, the copy must be compelling to keep
the reader interested.
- Have interesting subheadings. Break up the copy with interesting subheads to
make it easy to read. Use bullets as well.
- Include a Call to Action. Let the reader know where and how to access
your service or purchase your goods.
- Use photographs, graphics, and if possible, quotes from industry experts that
back up your claims.
"It is perfectly okay to write garbage — as long as you edit brilliantly."
C. J. Cherryh
Pedagogical: of, relating to, or befitting a teacher or education.
something that will make everything about a situation better.
Writing and Editing Blog